Day rate: £150
Start date: TBC - August
OLGA is a young and growing creative agency that provides brand strategy, communications, design and copywriting services. We help our clients in the creative, cultural, and educational fields to distinguish their brands, launch new products and reach target audiences. We are currently looking for a freelance Editorial Assistant to join our team.
This freelance role will suit someone with an empathic and analytical mind. The ideal person will also be able to work both alone and as part of a small team. You'll be helping the editorial manager on a large project for a client in the higher education sector.
You’ll need to love good clear writing and meeting deadlines.
Tasks involved include:
- Helping to analyse the clarity of a large number of web pages (content quality audit)
- Proofreading website copy from our copywriters for spelling, grammar, sense, and adherence to style guidelines
- Writing meta data (alt= tags, page titles, page descriptions)
- Helping to manage the workflow of a small team of freelance writers
- Selecting images and video from a database to use on a new website
- Uploading new copy and selected images/video to the backend of a new website
So what are we looking for?
- An understanding of basic SEO practice (what are keywords, what they do)
- Editorial experience, min. 1 year. This can be from producing your own blog or through work or volunteering.
- Copywriting experience
- Administrative skills (you'll need to be comfortable with Excel and Word at minimum)
- Organisational skills (you'll need to keep track of schedules, be able to change priorities as necessary and work with the project manager and Project Coordinator on best ways to achieve project completion)
- Experience writing metadata. This could be for your own blog or for work/volunteering.
- Experience with content management systems (Wordpress, etc.)
- Experience conducting interviews with people at a range of levels, and turning these into written content and distilling the salient points
- You'll need to be able to work in our East London studio 1-3 days per week; the role may also require travel to our client in West London.
- You don’t like puppies (we’re next door to a doggy daycare, and that’s decidedly the best thing about our new office).
- When you buy a train ticket at a machine, you leave your receipts in the machine so the next person can't distinguish their ticket from your unwanted receipt.
- You’ve ever thrown rubbish out of a moving vehicle. Or a stationary one.
Please get in touch with CV, some examples of your work by Friday 3rd August at 9am to info@OLGAagency.com. We may ask you to fulfil a brief for us as an example of your suitability for the project.